Have you allowed enough time to experience Gloucester? Our attractions are plentiful and varied and Cape Ann is one of Massachusetts premier tourism destinations for good reason.
• Thursday, June 7 to Sunday, July 22 – Rockport Chamber Music Festival – A variety of outstanding musical performances by world-renowned musicians for people of all ages at the Shalin Liu Performance Center, Rockport.
• Saturday, June 9 – Essex River Day – Those who have a boat offer a neighborly boat ride to those in town who may not have a boat and don’t have ready access to appreciating the wonders of the Essex River. This simple thought has grown into a full day of events culminating that evening with a softball game, a cook out, music and a bonfire at Memorial Park.
• Thursday, June 14 to Sunday, June 17 – Art in the Barn – Annual art exhibit and sale at the Cox Reservation Studio Barn, Essex, to benefit the Essex County Greenbelt Association featuring fine art, pottery, indoor and outdoor sculpture, fine crafts, and jewelry.
• Saturday, June 23 – International Dory Races – Gloucester vs. Lunenburg, Nova Scotia at Jodrey State Pier, Gloucester.
• Saturday, June 23 and Sunday, June 24 – Cape Ann Artisans Studio Tour – The self-guided tour presents a rare opportunity to meet a number of professional artists, see their work and demonstrations in their studios.
• Wednesday, June 27 to Sunday, July 1 – St. Peter’s Fiesta – Greasy Pole, Seine Boat Races, Blessing of the Fleet, Carnival, Religious Procession.