Gloucester offers the charm of New England’s working harbor along with plenty and varied attractions including restaurants, historic sites, museums, shopping and The Gloucester Maritime Heritage Center and Sea Pocket Lab Aquarium.
• Tuesday, July 3 – Annual Horribles Parade and Fireworks – Call Capt. Bill and Sons Whale Watch, 1-978-283-6995 for fireworks cruise tickets.
• Saturday, July 14 – Blackburn Challenge, Gloucester – Sponsored by the Cape Ann Rowing Club, this is a 20 plus mile open water circumnavigation of Cape Ann. Open to all seaworthy oar or paddle powered craft.
• Saturday, July 21 – Downtown Gloucester Block Party – Main Street from Pleasant Street to Washington Street. 6:00pm. to 11:00pm. Come one, come all! Free downtown block party! Get ready to dance and party.
• Saturday, July 21 – Manchester Arts Festival, Manchester by the Sea – Featuring fine art, sculpture, textiles, pottery, jewelry, apparel & accessories, garden ornaments, photography, paintings, and more!.
• Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22 – Abbadia Mare Festival, Hammond Castle, Gloucester – The producers of Winslowshire Festival for the Animals are proud to bring back a fresh new Renaissance Festival for Hammond Castle originally called by John Hammond “Abbadia Mare” or Abbey by the Sea. The Renaissance Festival offers entertainment, great food and an amazing location.